Who Is The Ancestor Investigator
We are a privately owned family history consulting and research business that will individualize your research needs.
Originally based in North Bay Ontario and now expanding to Southern Ontario we have access to many genealogical holdings covering Canadian (including French Canadian and Aboriginal), US, English, Scottish, Irish and Italian records.
- The local Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints Family History Center (approximately 40% of the worlds records can be accessed and searched through the center).
- The vast Ontario Genealogical collection at the Nipissing Branch of the Ontario Genealogical Society Library,
- The North Bay Public Libraries various Census, Local Newspapers and Ontario Vital Records Indexes for Births, Marriage and Deaths; with interlibrary loaning privileges.
- The excellent French Canadian Library collection of Parish registers for Quebec and Ontario including the ever growing collection from the Societe franco-ontarienne d'historie et genealogie-Regionale North Bay
- The Nipissing District Land Record Holdings at the Court House in North Bay
- A unique in office collection of genealogical reference books for places around the world, maps and microfiche which include:
- Wesleyan Methodist Baptismal Register Master Index for Ontario
- Surrogate Court Records 1793-1858
- 1851 census of Orkney Islands Scotland Master Index
- Early Pembroke Renfrew County/Pontiac County Roman Catholic Church Record transcriptions
- Stephen A. White two volumns plus English Supplement "Dictionnaire Genealogique Des Familles Acadiennes
- Including access to Internet sources that provides databases for Canadian census, Ontario Vital Statistics, USA census, Immigration and UK census records.
- Many other books and transcriptions for Ontario & Quebec
What The Ancestor Investigator Has to Offer You
Twenty-five years experience in genealogical research. We have experience researching at the following repositories:
- The National Archives and Library of Canada
- Archives of Ontario
- Various Land Records office across Ontario
- Metropolitan Toronto Reference Library
- North York Public Library Canadiana Department
- City of Ottawa Archives
- Queens University Library
- Local Family History Center
- Various Ontario Genealogical Society Branch Libraries
BASc University of Guelph
PLCGS credentials = Professional Learning Certificate in Genealogical Studies from the National Institute for Genealogical Studies in partnership with the University of Toronto
The Ancestor Investigator is a member of the following groups and organizations.
- Member of the Association for Professional Genealogists
- Member of the Ontario Genealogical Society
- Member of the Genealogical Speakers Guild
- In addition, access to other reliable researchers nationally and internationally in the field of genealogy